Agricultural Show and Events Calendar
Sydney Royal Arts & Crafts Show
1 – 12 April 2021 Sydney Showground Sydney Olympic Park
- Online entries close Friday 29 January 2021
- Delivery days (9am – 4pm) 18-20 March 2021
Maximum of one entry per Class.
CLASS 342 – Two Articles which could be used as a decoration or as stand-alone items. May include but not restricted to bookmarks, scissor
keeper motifs, or motifs to attach to clothing. Prize 1st $50
CLASS 343 – Doily or Runner – measuring at least 25cm in diameter (a centrepiece) or at least 25cm in width or length (a table runner).
Prize 1st $50
CLASS 344 – A creative 3-D item or article to wear. May include but not restricted to chatelaine, Christmas decoration or scarf. Items are to be
entirely tatted. Prize 1st $50
CLASS 345 – Edging – an item which is edged in tatting e.g. handkerchief or a length of unattached tatted edging measuring at least 1 metre in
length. Prize 1st $50
CLASS 346 – Jewellery – a tatted item which is to be worn as a bracelet, brooch, necklace, headpiece or jewellery set. Prize 1st $50
If you would like to enter the tatting section of the craft competition for Shows please visit their websites to obtain an entry form. Generally this needs to be completed online; you may request a booklet to be posted to you and this is usually needed to be done at least a few months in advance.
International Tatting Day – 1st April
Rae’s Needle Lace Bag – Beautiful!
Emma’s winning doily
23 – 25 April 2021 Hawkesbury Showground
CRAFT – Section 16
- ENTRY FEE: Open $3.00 per class/item, Junior $2.00 per class/item unless otherwise stated. Payment can be made by cheque (to Hawkesbury District Agricultural Association), EFTPOS, Credit Card, or cash ONLY. CASH not accepted through mail
- ENTRIES CLOSE: by POST or at Showground on TUESDAY 6th APRIL by 4.00PM
- ENTRIES ONLINE: MONDAY 12th APRIL 2021 by Midday
- NO LATE ENTRIES
- DELIVERY OF EXHIBITS: to be delivered to the PHILIP CHARLEY PAVILION on FRIDAY 16th APRIL or SATURDAY 17th APRIL between the hours of 10.00AM and 4.00PM. ENTER VIA GATE 3
- JUDGING: as per section details. SUNDAY 18th APRIL, MONDAY 19th APRIL or TUESDAY 20th APRIL commencing at 9.00AM.
- PRIZES: Open 1ST $6.00 2ND $3.00, Juniors 1st $5.00 2nd $2.00 unless otherwise stated, plus ribbons & cards
- COLLECTION OF EXHIBITS: TUESDAY 27th APRIL between 10.00AM & 6.00PM. Prize vouchers should be collected from the Steward and presented for payment either during the Show at the Cashier’s Office or after the show at the Secretary’s office by MONDAY 7th JUNE 2021
- AGE CLASSES: Exhibitor’s age will be taken as at the 23rd APRIL 2021
CONTACT STEWARD: Tony Meskauskas 0409 312 161
ENTRY FEE: $3.00 per class/item, unless otherwise stated
NOTE: Articles in Tatting are not to be mounted on Cardboard
Limit of TWO entries per exhibitor per class in Tatting classes 16370 to 16374
Class 16370 Article in Tatting by Youth 20yrs & under (restricted to an Exhibitor who has not attained the age of 21 by the 1st day of the Show).
Class 16371 Novice/beginner (less than 18mths experience and all own work)
Class 16372 Article made entirely in Tatting, any design
Class 16373 Handkerchief or Fabric edged in Tatting. NOTE: handkerchief or fabric must be at least 20cms.
Class 16374 Bookmark or Motif in Tatting
BEST EXHIBIT IN TATTING -Ribbon and $20 donated by Mrs. E. Miller
December Meeting – Christmas Luncheon
December Meeting includes Christmas Lunch